Whether you’ve invited friends over or you’re camping out as a family in the front room, sleepovers are the age-old epitome of a good time party. And after the events of the night are over (like an outing to FLIPnOUT or that mischievous hour spent toilet papering the neighborhood), usually a movie is the last item on the FUN agenda. After all, you can’t be expected just to fall asleep on a weekend night without some great entertainment! Here are the top 10 sleepover “must-watch” movies:
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Who doesn’t love a good story about the underdog? This one is great for all ages, but the 8-10 year-old boy crowd really loves it.
- Princess Diaries: Ask any girl under the age of 20 (or even some over that age); princess stories never get old. Add in some chocolate and you’re all set!
- The Princess Bride: Speaking of princesses, this one is perfect for boys, girls and entire families. After all, a classic never gets old!
- Back to the Future: Mom and Dad might want to join in on the fun with this throw-back. Not to mention that they might have to answer questions like, “What is Tab?”
- Frozen: As much as you likely don’t want to be singing “Let it Go” for the next three weeks, the younger girls will likely insist on this one anyway.
- National Treasure: Feeling adventurous? Pre-teen boys love the adventure and action in this one. And a little history never hurt anyone either!
- X-Men: Who wants one superhero when you can have a whole team of them? Guys and girls alike will love this one. Want to pull an all-nighter? Make a movie marathon out of the entire series!
- Dirty Dancing: Attention, ever 13 year-old girl who ever lived! This classic has it all, which is probably why girls have been enjoying it for more than a couple decades now.
- The Ring: Sleepovers sometimes require a terrifying movie. After all, it’s much more fun to get scared when you’ve got your best friends nearby. This one always pulls through in the super creepy genre.
- Goonies: Come on, did you ever have any doubt about this one?
You’ve got our 10. Let’s hear your favorite!