School is almost out! You’ve been looking forward to summer break for almost 200 days. (That is so many days.) No more homework! No more projects! Absolute freedom is in your grasp!
But you know what’s going to happen? After a few weeks of summer vacation, most of you are going to mumble these words: I’m bored.
What? But you’ve been waiting for this your entire life? And once you finally have the one thing you wanted, you’re bored with it?
Okay okay… it’s normal. No worries. Just don’t say those words to your parents, cause you know what they’ll do? They’ll give you a big old list of chores to do to keep you busy.
That vacuum weighs 200 pounds.
FLIPnOUT has some suggestions to save you from boredom. We’re gonna help you stay busy AND have fun. Here is a list of 20 things:
1. Invent a new type of pizza.
2. Get your friends together and have a picnic in the shade.
3. Go to an outdoor concert.
4. Learn to play guitar.
Or just grow your hair out like this guy.
5. Have a sleep-over party and watch a scary movie. Or a not scary movie if that isn’t your thing.
6. Make your own slip-n-slide using heavy duty plastic wrap and dish soap.
7. Go to lunch with your mom or dad.
8. Read a good book.
9. Start learning a new language.
10. Grab a friend and get a gym membership.
11. Teach yourself to cook.
12. Start keeping a journal.
13. Get some sidewalk chalk and play hopscotch.
14. Go camping with your friends.
15. Pretend you’re a tourist in your own town. (This should be pretty easy in Las Vegas.)
16. Visit a museum. (The Lied Discovery Museum here is awesome!)
17. Host a garage sale and sell your old stuff to make some dough!
Because everyone knows that Craigslist is shady.
18. Learn how to breakdance.
19. Look through old photo albums and yearbooks. Better yet, find your old elementary school friends on Facebook and reconnect.
20. Run through the sprinklers with your friends.
These are only 20 ideas of things you can do. There are literally thousands of other places to visit, foods to eat, movies to see, and things to do! And of course you can always visit us at FLIPnOUT for a good time!
What are some other ideas you guys can come up with? List them below!