Heat wave! If this week is any indication of what’s to come, then summer is officially here to stay in Las Vegas. And summertime means long, hot days free from school! While kids may look forward to this all year, parents can be stumped when it comes to keeping their kids entertained during those three short months.
Fear not, friends! Why not get a little creative this summer and think outside the summer-box. We think these few simple ideas could make this the best summer ever – and your kids will agree!
- Go on a photo scavenger hunt.
- Make homemade ice cream and popsicles.
- Write letters to family and friends.
- Learn about a different country or culture each week.
- Read outside.
- Build a fort out of stuff laying around the garage.
- Volunteer at the humane society.
- Hand-make Christmas gifts for family.
- Learn how to make bread.
- Study a particular flower or plant, then grow it!
- Create a scavenger hunt for another family member or friend.
- JUMP AROUND AT FLIPnOUT!
We thought you’d like that last one.