It’s that time of year again! If you’re like most Americans, then parties, junk food and countdowns to midnight are all in store for the coming week. And if you’re among the 45 percent of Americans who make New Year’s resolutions each year, why not make 2015 a family affair? Here are six resolutions that will bring you and your family closer (and help you have a little more fun) in the coming year.
New Year Resolutions 2015
- Unplug once a day: If you’re like most families, you’re hooked on electronics. That’s great, but why not resolve to make one hour per day electronics-free? That way you can spend a bit of time as a family without competing with your tablets or phones.
- Eat together: Like most families, it may be difficult to find a time when your schedules actually align. But set a resolution to eat together at least three times a week. It doesn’t have to be dinner either; family breakfasts are also a great time to reconnect.
- Read something: You may have your own book club, but why not resolve to read as a family? Choose a book that appeals to everyone in your family and find some time to discuss what you read each week or month.
- Set a family bedtime: Sleep is great for cranky kids and parents alike. Set a family bedtime so everyone gets in on the new sleep regime. This one may result in some growing pains, so be patient!
- Start recycling: Could your family be a bit greener? The New Year is a good time to teach kids about recycling and what items should be saved from the trash.
- Commit to family night: Never get around to having fun with the entire family? Make one night a week “family night.” Take a few hours to do something fun together – see a movie, visit an awesome trampoline park or play board games at home – just do it regularly!
Happy New Year 2015! What’s your family resolving to do?